Sunday, June 09, 2013

Dear Father,

 
"Hey dad
I'm writing to you
not to tell you, that I still hate you
just to ask you
how you feel
and how we fell apart
how this fell apart"
This song never fail to bring tears to my eyes. It's like every single line was written to describe how i really feel and that is why i could relate to this song so much.

Sometimes i wonder what it's like to walk in your shoes. How does it feel like to walk out of our lives? How are you? Are you happy? How are the little kids?

It bloody hurts that you're out there somewhere and i can't reach out to you. It wouldn't hurt as much if you were gone from this world but the fact the you're still out there living, it kills me. Maybe things would have been better if you would've gotten rid of that ego of yours.

I've been living, fighting and protecting myself all these years and it's getting fucking tiring putting up a hard exterior. I am the bitch/asshole that i am today and i may not be liked by many because i refuse to take shit from people. I may come across as cold and heartless sometimes but you have no idea how fucking vulnerable i've been. It's tiring to fight and be strong when you have all of these problems weighting on your shoulders.

Sometimes i wish i could just call you up and talk to you and tell you about my problems, the kind of shit that i've been in. But i guess we're better off this way. Maybe this is god's way of testing me. And maybe i haven't been blessed with a good/easy life so that i'd learn how to appreciate every single thing in life. And i do, i thank god that i'm still here living, no matter how hard it gets.
"I remember the days, you were a hero in my eyes 
but those are just a long lost memory of mine 
I spent so many years learning how to survive 
Now, I'm writing just to let you know I'm still alive"
P.S. Happy Birthday and i miss you.